Thursday, July 19, 2007

Summer Work

I have realized that being unemployed for the summer isn't all that it is cracked up to be. Yes, its nice to spend my time outside in the sun but not so much fun doing it by yourself and having absolutely no money to have any other variations of fun. I have been picking up a few shifts at the Autism Resource Center working one on one with an Autistic child in a group setting. I love this sort of work, and at times wonder if maybe I should have taken a Special Ed. course route rather than Speech Pathology. Although, I am sure I can combine my two passions of working with speech problems and disabled people.
So, today at the program we went to the a local gymnastics club, for lunch at the Rick Hansen park, and swimming. It was tons of fun and quite humorous, yet very wrong when an 11 or so year old child walked out of the bathroom completely nude. As if this was normal, along side picking your nose and rubbing it on another kids face.
I love working with ARC so much because each day is something different. And although the activities of the day are always planned in advance, the mishappenings, the things the children say, and the facial expressions and smiles that cross the childrens' faces always makes for a great day.
Until next time,
Reena

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Cheap and trendy deisgner clothing from http://www.ronkaclothing.com where we sell: Panties, Nixon, McQ - Alexander McQueen, Cocktail Dresses, Sauce, Rag & Bone/JEAN, Elie Tahari, Terani, Club Monaco, Wessex, Golden Goose, Parker, Plastic Island - all available from our online designer clothing store at 50% off sale!