Monday, July 9, 2007

Slo-pitch and Sing-along

My FLICKR has been updated for those who care to check it out.

Saturday I was just outside of the city in a small town for a slo-pitch tournament. At first I was a little worried I wouldn't have much fun as I only knew two others who would be playing. Turns out I had an absolute blast. We lost our first game, but I made a few really good catches and considering I hadn't played in a few years, I did pretty damn good!

Between games some went out to one of the guys farms for drinks, but me and Bre just stayed in town, went for some food and chilled at the diamonds with some beer and clam! mmm.

We won our second game, and to my surprise I cracked a really good one out to left field. It is always a good feeling when all the fielders move in because the batter is 'just a girl' and then you crack it over their heads. Sometimes I'd like to crack it right at their heads with some of the comments made, but over their heads is less morbid so I'll go with that I guess.

The last game ended after the second inning because the other team was being far too competitive for a 'FUN' tournament where was was not even a cash prize. They didn't give the other team the benefit EVER, and they were being complete dickheads. Everything from calling balls fair when they were most definitely foul for their team, calling balls foul when they were fair for our team, taking the optional walk when they were up by 20 runs, and using a fastball ball in a slo-pitch game. Cheaters. Anyhow, somehow it came to the point of a possible fight between their pitcher and our batter, so we decided game is over when it looked as if the bat might miss the ball and hit somebody in the head instead.

This was best anyway, because we were all ready to go out to the farm for a BBQ and some drinks. We played Horseshoes, which is a game i've never played before. This was quite evident as I scored zero points in 2- 11 point games and only hit the pit 2 or 3 times. We also played some Frisbee and Bocce ball, and I proved to be a pro at this game! I'm addicted I think. If any of you are interested in a game of Bocce in the park, let me know! I'm totally down for it!

We ended the evening with some sing-along around the fire. 2 of the guys brought out their guitars and we sang well into the night. It reminded me of those days back at Brownie camp. And even the days of chillin' at the boys' house on Request nights! Overall, twas a superb day/evening. Probably one of the best I've had in a long time!

Andddd this is very long winded again, so I will end here! Until next time,

Reena

No comments: