Thursday, July 12, 2007

Cravin' Craven

So this weekend is Craven Country Music Festival and it is the first time in 7 years that I will not be going! I know this doesn't really seem like that many years, but when you're only 21, 7 years is a long time - - it is a third of my life! At first I didn't care that I wasn't going, but now that it is here I am actually really sad that I won't be there. I miss the whole atmosphere already! Today as I was driving downtown I was listening to 100.7, the city's country music station and they were reporting live from Craven. I began to recall all of the good fun I've had at Craven and then realized how much I miss being irresponsible and acting not so grown up. I realized that I have grown up far too much, and need to bring back some of my youth! I haven't seen over half of my friends that I used to hang out with in a reallllly long time and I miss them. I miss the stupidity that hovered in the air when we hung out, I miss the drinking we used to do, the parties we used to go to, and the hilarious moments that used to occur! I'm not saying that I don't still have fun, but my extent of fun seems to have dwindled in the past few years.
So, here's to all of you who are going to Craven! Have fun like the good ol' times, and for those who I've never been to Craven with, just imagine how much fun I would be if I were there! :) Maybe we can hit the Pump one night, and although it isn't the true Craven experience, at least there is the country music. Take care y'all! Reena

No comments: