Thursday, July 5, 2007

The Real Summer

For most university students summer begins the minute after their last exam in April. For me though, it was the beginning of the last semester ever. Granted it sucks being in school when the weather is beautiful and you've already plugged away at school for 8 months straight, it is definitely nice to look back and realize you have completed 3 whole classes in 2 months! What an amazing feeling. I pulled off some pretty kick butt marks in those 3 classes and now only have one class remaining, which happens to fall on a Monday and Wednesday night. This means I have a whole lot of summer to enjoy! It is going to be grand.

Last Thursday after my final I had a few friends from class over for drinks, then Friday I hit the local country bar. I hadn't been there in a long long time, and it was so much fun! Saturday I headed to the beach, as well as Sunday and Monday. It was an exciting long weekend, as I got to spend time with a good friend from highschool and her boyfriend proposed to her!! I got an awesome picture of it too, and if I ever get ahold of it I promise I will post it. It was taken on a private dock at the beach, with the beautiful Saskatchewan sunset and valley hills in the background.

And although I spent 3 full days laying on the beach, I was still ghostly white. I then decided to go against Dooce's suggestion to wear SPF 50. Not so much a ghost anymore, but rather the color my face turns when somebody shouts out that they can see my nipples through my bathing suit. Red. Beat red. The backs of my legs hurt so badly that sitting seems to be a chore. So, from now on I listen to Dooce.

Mae came over for a swim one day, and I could tell she was down about not having a job. But she found one! And I'm super excited for her. And Mae, just so you know I will come in for food and drinks one day, and ask for you specifically to be my server :) and tip you well!

This coming weekend I am playing in a slopitch tournament just outside of the city and it should be a great time. It is the typical small town drinking tournament, and if the weather stays the way it has been, we will not be let down!

Sunday night I am heading to the park for a potluck, and that should be entertaining. Hope to play some frisbee, some catch and some Bocce!!! Yayyy. Can't wait.

I can't say I have much more to report, except for that I am sad to say that I will not be attending the Craven Country Jamboree this year! I have gone for the past 6 years, but unfortunately I can't afford it this year. It is only a week away though, and I haven't got completely bummed out yet that I am not going. And luckily I have plans to be out of town that weekend, so I will make the best of it.

I haven't updated my Flickr pics in a very very long time, and maybe one day soon I will!! It seems the computer time is limited these days, with the summer days being much more fun filled spent AWAY from the computer!:)

Hope everyone is enjoying their summers, and talk to you all soon!

No comments: