Sunday, February 4, 2007

The Sadistic Professor

I knew that this class I'm taking would not be an easy class to take on. I had taken a class from this professor last year, and had found out he is somewhat sadistic, and crazy about giving assignments that take longer to complete than the amount of time given to complete them, but for some strange reason, I thought he would be more generous, possibly somewhat kind this semester. I was wrong. So, I go to my phonology class on Thursday and at the end of class the professor handed out an assignment. I knew it wouldn't be an easy, quick to do assignment by any means. As we walked out of class, he said "The point of this assignment is basically to ruin your entire weekend." And then laughed some crazy, sadistic laugh. He wasn't lying when he said this. I wouldn't doubt for a second, that I worked for at least 10 hours on this stupid assignment. Not only did he give us this assignment that was super long, he also only gave us the weekend to complete it. No mercy for us overloaded students. Not at all. You would think, that as a professor, you would be leniant and grant the students a few extra days to complete assignments and study for exams because they themselves at one point had to go through this insanely, impossible life of trying to schedule their homework so they could still yet have some sort of social life. But I am pretty sure that this professor is the kind who figures that he had to go through hell in university, and so he is not letting us get off easy. He is vicious and cruel, yes. We should have to go through hell as well. So... he is being the devil and we should do whatever it is we need to do to finish this assignment... on time.

No comments: