Sunday, January 21, 2007

The point of owning a car

This summer I finally bought myself a car... yes, it may only be a Cavalier, a car which absolutely everybody has, but none the less... it's a car!! What is the point of having a car? One would assume because they have places to go, people to see, things to do. Exactly. Yet, I own this car and I never get to do the things I need to do, see the people I want to see, and go to the places I need to go. Now I ask myself again, What is the point of having a car??' And my answer is that I want to be as kind as possible to my dear little 18 year old sister who I live with and let her take it any time she wants... to work, to her boyfriend's house, to parties. She needs a way around the city and therefore I bought a car for her to run her errands and keep in touch with her friends. NOT! This whole weekend I did not go anywhere, not that I had plans to go anywhere, but that is besides the point. The point of having a car is so that you can get around conveniently and don't have to plan things in advance. You can spontaneously pick up and go to the mall, go to Mickey Dee's, go to a friends... not me though. Apparently, I have my car for the mere purpose of letting my sister have the capacity to do all of these things instead. Yay for a car!

No comments: