Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Update

Wow... bet you were all thinking I gave up on the whole blog thing eh? Either that or thought I was dead. Maybe the latter of the 2 is more appealing to you? I hope not... Let's see, where do I start to update? I finished the dreaded finals on April 23rd and believe it or not, it took me until the 25th before I decided to get drunk. I was priveleged enough to get to spend time on the 24th with my friend Lucy, who is now gone to Ghana for the summer to observe Mona Monkies!! She's always been into primatology and so I think this is a great opportunity for her! Then, the 25th. 3 words for you. Shots. Tequila. Smashed. Oh so drunk. Drunk that I stayed up until 6am, and the last time I did that I was studying for Neuropsychology. I will tell you one thing. This night was far more fun. And included friends. You know, those things that talk. And socialize. And drink.

The next day I was up by 11 am, and proceeded with a girl day with my 2 best school buds. Shopping. Perfume. Cakemaking. Drinking. And to JD's we went... the dirtiest bar in town. And as much as I am not a fan of the place, I couldn't pass it up because it was a buddies birthday party/got into Grad school party!! And so we celebrated. Some. Okay, a lot.

Alright... to shorten things up a bit: I did a few more nights of drinking until I completely wore myself out. To the point of headcold, flu, headcold, flu. etc... It wasn't fun, but it was self-inflicted, so I cannot complain. It was worth it though, I am a small town girl and I just HAVE to make sure my alcohol tolerance stays high so I can continue to outdrink the citypunk boys.

Enjoyed some time out at the farm with my dad, and in town with the rest of the family. Wish I could get out there more often, and plan to soon!

Now I'm back to school, where the chaos of writing papers, studying for midterms, and finals is back. Soon enough though, end of this August, I will have my BA in Psychology, with a minor in Linguistics. And what will I do with that?? Enjoy a year in Regina, working at whatever job I can find - - hopefully something that can at least allow me to have a little bit of fun- - pay off loans, and enjoy the year NOT writing exams and papers. This will allow me recovery time so I can go back to school next fall, if and when I get into a Speech Pathology Program. Somewhere NOT in Regina :)

That's all for now.

Oh, by the way, I plan on trying to keep myself active on here! TRY being the key word...

Reena.

No comments: